Thursday, April 12, 2012

Five Not So Green and Speckled Frogs

Today's lunch is inspired by the book Five Green and Speckled Frogs by Priscilla Burris.  You can see or purchase the book here.

In the lunch box is a celery and peanut butter log with raisin flies.  The little frog sandwiches are tortillas with cheese.  I added candy eyes and heart sprinkles for their mouths.  She also has a half a banana (to help keep things from moving around!), a small container of strawberry yogurt (I covered with foil to avoid spilling), and a small container with some cucumber frogs with a little frog pick.  KoKo hates cucumbers, but I asked her to try them, so we'll see...
On the lid, I wrote with a dry erase marker: "Five not so green and speckled frogs, sitting on a speckled log.  Eating some most delicious bugs.  Yum yum!  I love you - Mommy".  She is thrilled beyond thrilled.  I'm a little nervous that they are going to move around, but she got to see it before we packed it away, so she knows what it looks like.

This one was super fun to make.  I got some new cutters in the mail yesterday and this is actually a bear head, but can be used to make frogs.  I couldn't wait to use them!  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I love the idea of using raisins for flies.

    ReplyDelete