Thursday, April 26, 2012

Quit Monkeying Around!

Yeah...I'm not doing so well at making lunches recently.  I have been doing it, but I've been too tired lazy busy uninspired to make something cute.  So, I'm kind of stealing borrowing copying being inspired by a post I found somewhere and pinned on my Pinterest page. 

Both of my girls have been given the nickname of Monkey.  I don't know why, but they are Monkey 1 and Monkey 2.  They love this and have decided I am Mommy Monkey.  So since we apparently love monkeys, I had to try this idea.

Isn't he cute?!  The little monkey is just a peanut butter sandwich cut with my circle cookie cutter.  I cut a vanilla wafer in half (incidentally, do this with a serrated knife if you don't want it to crumble...that took a few tries) for the nose/mouth area, added icing eyes, and fruit leather ears.  There is also a container of sliced bananas with a monkey pick in the green square silicone cup in the upper left side.  The bottom left has an "M" alphabet cookie with pretzel sticks and cut up fruit leather surprise under the pretzel sticks. 
I found these adorable monkey lunch notes and stickers at Michaels yesterday for 49 cents!  I love stuff like that!  Sorry for the horrible picture, but my little note said to have a monkey-tastic day.  Aren't they cute?!
I also packed a breakfast this morning, which I have been horrible about.  She loves some of the breakfasts they serve at school, so I have been completely lazy about sending a healthy one for her...Anyway, I broke apart a cereal bar for the bottom tier and put sliced cantaloupe in the top tier.  I just realized I forgot to send a pick for the cantaloupe, which I totally meant to do.  I'm sure she will figure out to use her fingers...I got this little box from the Fit Japan store out of Houston.  It is adorable, but tiny and I didn't realize I needed a strap to keep the two tiers together.  Doh!  So, unfortunately, it is completely, unstylishly held together with a rubber band from my desk.  Ummm...yeah.  Anyway, we LOVE cantaloupe and I was super excited to see tiny, really yummy cantaloupes at the grocery store this week.  I can't wait to get some more as this won't last more than another hour or so in our house.  Although, JayJay just informed me it tastes like fingernail polish remover.  We had a fairly lengthy conversation about why she knows what fingernail polish remover tastes like...Gotta love 4 year olds!  :o)  I have deemed the cantaloupe as delicious, so it is delicious.

I'll try really hard to do another cute, post-worthy lunch again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment