Friday, April 27, 2012

I ruff you

Every Friday at school is "Panther Pride Friday".  The kiddos are supposed to wear purple and celebrate their school pride.  When I first started making bento style lunches, my plan was to make a special paw print lunch every Friday.  I have made a total of one of those since March.  Not only did I not do a paw print lunch today, I just realized KoKo went to school wearing an adorable pink and brown argyle print skirt and a pink shirt with a brown cat.  We're clearly slacking in the Panther Pride.  I can tell the school year is winding down to a close as I'm getting more and more lazy.  At least we are still getting the homework done...


Speaking of getting lazy as the school year winds down, I can't wait for summer to get started.  Wow...I can't believe I just typed that.  I'm not a summer person.  I honestly really would like to live in Alaska, but I live in the midwest where we have really awful humidity and heat in the summer.  Not to mention the bugs.  Don't get me started on the bugs.  But this year, I'm really excited to spend time with my kiddos.  I saw an idea on Pinterest to make a first day of summer gift basket and I can't wait to make them for the girls!  I'm going to fill it with sidewalk chalk, bubbles, fun little activity pads I found at Michaels for 50 cents each, a new reading book for each, swimming punch cards, and a list of some of the activities we will be doing this summer.  They're going to be super excited!!


So, on to lunch...
I got a cute little set of puppy dog cookie cutters from my local grocery store and got to use them today.  The bottom tier has a ham and cheese dog shaped sandwich.  I used my food marker to make the ear, eye, nose, and mouth.  I also cut a little paw print out of the sandwich.  The bones are out of a slice of American cheese, stacked together.  The top tier has Triscuit crackers and mandarin oranges.  There is also a tube of Gogurt in the lunch bag.  I always pack a water bottle as well.

KoKo has a birthday party to go to tonight, so I am off to get a birthday present.  I'm taking JayJay to eat pizza and play on the playground while big sister is at the party.  It should be a fun filled evening!  :o)  Have a happy weekend!

3 comments: