Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bunnies

This week, I have started using a bunny theme, for some reason.  I found this great idea before Easter to make a bunny face sandwich from bunny lip pops.  I scoured every.single.store in my town for these stinking bunny lip pops and couldn't find them anywhere.  So, after doing a Google search, I found them on Amazon.com, but when I went to purchase them, it said they were sold out.  Ugh.  I signed up to be notified by email when they became available again, thinking I wouldn't ever get an email.  A few days later, I got an email saying they had 6 more in stock.  I snatched my two up as fast as I could!  Of course, it was the Monday after Easter when they arrived, but hey, I can still use the idea...
First things first, I had to get rid of the lollipop part, so the girls each got to eat the lollipop.  They were so stinking cute!!!  They both got about halfway through it and decided they didn't want the rest, so I put them in water to dissolve.  After washing them, I turned their sandwich into this:
I took a peanut butter sandwich and cut it with my circle cookie cutter.  I pushed the bunny lips into the sandwich and used icing eyes.  The ears were apple slices that were dipped in pineapple juice to keep them from turning brown.  In the blue silicone cup, they had Wheat Thin crackers and the pink silicone flower cup has grapes and bunny pick.  They also each had a Gogurt.

For today's lunch, KoKo has a peanut butter sandwich with little bunny fruit leather cutouts, some kettle corn from a fundraiser we participated in last weekend and a sliced plum in the yellow container with a ladybug and daisy picks.  She also had a Gogurt in her bag.  JayJay will be at her babysitter's house for lunch today, so that's super easy!  :o)

I'm really thinking about making a trip to our cake, candy, and cookie store to stock up on some cookie cutters that I really want.  Our zoo is getting ready to open a penguin exhibit and I would love to have a penguin cookie cutter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment