Thursday, May 10, 2012

More penguins

We saw the penguins last night and they are super cute!  Of course, by the time we made it through the line that wound halfway across the zoo, they were tuckered out and all cuddled together to sleep.  It was 7:30.  I would give anything to have my kids tuckered out and cuddled up to sleep by that time. **Sigh** 
I don't quite know what everyone is looking at in this picture.  I told them to look at Mommy and all three of them are looking at someone who was way off to my left.  They were sure having fun, though!
And there they are!  Kind of hard to see, but they're up there.  I couldn't get a good picture of them because of how many people were in there.  Like I said, they were all cuddled up together.  There are six of them and they're on loan from a zoo not too far from us.  We had the opportunity to visit that zoo two summers ago and they are an exhibit in the aquarium.  My girls loved watching them jump into the water, so I'm sure we'll be visiting our zoo to see these guys many times this summer.  Thank goodness for our membership!

Speaking of my monkey girls.  They have been on a roll the last few weeks.  I have said it before and I'm going to say it again...They CANNOT wait for summer vacation.  Tomorrow is KoKo's play day and JayJay and I will be joining her.  Next week, she only goes Monday, Tuesday, and a couple of hours on Wednesday.

Speaking of school...my mother is a kindergarten teacher and they had an incubator with chick eggs in the classroom the last couple of weeks.  The chicks started hatching and as of this morning, she had 23 chicks.  They are so adorable and my girls think they're hysterical.  They had them out on the carpet yesterday after school and were trying to get them to race.  Oy vey...They even got to clean up chick poop since it got all over the carpet.  I guess I can be thankful it didn't land all over them.  :o)  I'll post pictures of the chicks later because I honestly forgot to take pictures last night.  *mental forehead smack*
So, you're all here to see the lunch...I"ll get on with it now.  Today's lunch was another penguin theme.  There is a penguin peanut butter sandwich with a heart sprinkle and eyes and beak colored in with food markers.  There is also a salad in the smooshed red heart silicone container (without dressing because my kids don't like dressing which is completely weird), goldfish crackers, blue jello, and strawberry yogurt with heart sprinkles. 

I went to our cake supply store yesterday and hit the jackpot.  Their bottles of sprinkles were $2 and the same size that I have seen at Walmart for around $5.  I also got several cookie cutters and even got some picks.  I was super thrilled and can't wait to make some of the lunches I have planned.  I also found the container this is packed in at Walmart yesterday for only $3.  Score!!!  Oh, and we got a dustbuster and JayJay is running around sweeping up all the crumbs.  Score one for this mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment