Thursday, May 31, 2012

Glasses Girl

KoKo recently got glasses and I have been wanting to create something to commemorate this occasion.  When we were out of town last week, I visited a kitchen store and found this adorable cookie cutter in the shape of glasses.  I snatched it up and finally created the cutest little lunch today!
The bottom tier has a ham and cheese sandwich cut with my circle cutter.  I made the hair with the circle cutter also.  The glasses are made out of white American cheese and colored purple (since her glasses are purple) with a food safe marker and the mouth out of pink food safe marker.  I have yet to figure out how to make that stinking marker look good on bread, but at least she has a mouth...There are also goldfish crackers and a package of smarties.  The top tier has grapes with a little girl pick and some baby carrots.  I also included a Gogurt and a small container with grape jello, along with a juice box for her drink.

And oh the problems I had right after taking this stinking picture!  We live in a second floor apartment that faces the north and had a storm that blew through last night.  There was a little leftover wind this morning and since we apparently live in a little wind tunnel, we have to be very careful of having things out on our deck.  I have been taking lunches out there to get pictures of it because it is so much better lighting than in my kitchen.  I just finished the picture when a gust of wind came up and blew the entire lunch box over.  I was able to salvage the sandwich and smarties, but everything else had to go.  I was so upset, but apparently, that was just getting my day started.  I had to get gas on the way to take KoKo to camp and ended up having gas come back out and spit all over me.  Lovely day...I should have just gone back to bed after that.  Hope it gets better soon.

Anyway, this kid is absolutely cracking me up with her little camp.  Today is camo/military day.  Look at this little face!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment